THE Z: FRINGE FESTIVAL
April 7-8, 2023
Art that pushes the envelope is taking over The Z this April. The Z Fringe Festival showcases unique creative works in a weekend of adventurous theater and performance art. Featuring exciting, self-produced works on three Z stages, including 2 new pieces produced by The Z and The Z Fringe Co-Producing Artists, Jason Kypros and Brittney Harris. Celebrate art that makes a statement at The Z Fringe Festival! Artistic Innovation starts here.
The Z Fringe Festival, April 7-8, is 2 days of locally produced, performance-based works in the Main Stage, Studio, and on the terrace (weather permitting) with ticket proceeds for each show going back to the producing artist. Submissions are open to performance-based art of any genre (and across-genres… and totally beyond genre categorization…). Festival selections will be chosen by random lottery after screening to make sure they meet the guidelines.
The full Z Fringe Fest experience! Unlock 2 full days of new performance art and create-your-own Fringe experience with access to all performances on both festival days!
Friday-1 Day Pass
All-day access to all mainstage, terrace, studio and lobby performances on Friday.
Saturday-1 Day Pass
All-day access to all mainstage, terrace, studio and lobby performances on Saturday.
Single Performance Pass
Access to any 1 festival performance of your choosing.
April 7-8, 2023
- The Z’s amazing facility and performance space! Including professional sound & lighting support
- An All Access Festival pass for each member of your team
- 50% of ticket sales to your performance. Total festival pass revenue will be split based on attendance at each performance.
- 50% of your show’s “Virtual Tip Jar”, donations made through The Z’s online platform in your show’s name
- A unique purchasing code to allow your network to show their support for your artistry by purchasing passes.
- Listing in our printed festival schedule and on our website. Social media promotion
- Box office support
Main: 299 seat thrust theater. Approximate stage space: 24’ x 32’(~768 sq ft). Cyc, Full Stage Black, or drop-down projection screen available as backdrop.
Studio: 88 seat black box theater. Approximate stage space: 24’ x 12’ (~288 sq ft).
Terrace: Outdoor space. Lawn style seating/standing. Audience <50 people.
Applicants must submit a completed application and submission fee between Nov. 15, 2022-Jan. 8, 2023. The Z Fringe Committee will review each submission to make sure they meet festival guidelines. Submissions meeting the guidelines will be entered into the lottery and festival selections will be chosen at random. Lottery selection and announcements will be completed by January 15.
There is no cost to apply to The Z Fringe Festival. Shows selected for the festival will be required to pay a Production Fee based on their Tier time. *Production fee is waived for Z Artist Members. JOIN HERE
- Tier 1: Up to 15 min, $10 fee
- Tier 2: Up to 30 min, $20 fee
- Tier 3: Up to 60 min, $40 fee
- Tier 4: Up to 90 min, $50 fee
- Artists must provide artwork and description for promotional purposes.
- Artists are responsible for creating their own social media events and promoting their shows.
- Artists are responsible for all production details, including casting, physical elements, audio cues, and any costs associated with their show.
- We highly encourage original works for this festival. If the work is not an original piece, Artists are responsible for securing the rights.
2023 Fringe Festival Submissions have closed. Thank you to all the talented artists who have sent materials. selected artists will be notified by january 15, 2023 by email. stay tuned on the z's social media for an announcement of all the Z Fringe Artists and Performances!
Public Health Policies
At this time, we encourage masks and COVID-19 testing based on community transmission rates, but do not require them for patrons. We reserve the right to adjust our public health policies based on transmission rates and CDC guidelines at the time of the festival.
We will maintain our refund policy that Patrons who are experiencing symptoms of contagious illnesses or have a positive COVID-19 test may call the box office to exchange or refund their tickets.