Artists of all ages* and experience levels are invited to cultivate their creativity with as a Z Artist Member. Unlock exclusive workshops with industry pros, collaborate with fellow Z Artists at special events, receive first access to performance opportunities and more. For just $5 a month, you can engage with this community of creatives!
As a member, you will receive:
- Creative “Office” Space: Expand your creative boundaries with open workspace at The Z, Tuesdays-Saturdays 1PM-5PM.
- Monthly Artist Programming: Creative networking hours with fellow Z Artists, free registration to panels, workshops and masterclasses, plus access to invite-only Artist events at The Z.
- Promotion & Exposure: Spread the word about your creative endeavors through The Z: Arts News! Submit your performances, displays and artist news for publication on our website and in a monthly e-news column featuring Z Artists’ announcements.
- On Stage & Exhibition Opportunities: Be the first to know about upcoming submission and audition opportunities at The Z and in the community, and submit to exhibit your work in a lobby display or pre-show performance.
- Discounts: Access to special discounts on performances, space rentals, and merchandise
For just $5 a month, or $60 annually, you can join our community of creatives!
*Jr. Members 18 & under include 1 additional membership for a parent or guardian.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Box Office at 757-499-0317
Tired of working from your couch? Tired of the crowded local coffee shop? Join a coworking office space for Artist Members at The Z’s Open Lobby Office Hours! Tuesdays-Saturdays from 1PM-5PM.
Rehearsal Rentals: Z Artist Members can reserve the studio theater for rehearsal use at a discounted rate.
Join fellow Z Artists and community professionals for Workshops, Master Classes, and panels that include 30 min of networking. Z Artists receive free or discounted entry, and first access to registration. (Non-members and guests may attend for suggested donation of $10).
Promotional Opportunities with The Z:
Z Artist Members are invited to share the news of their upcoming work in exclusive featured space on "The Z Arts News" blog and as part of e-newsletters delivered to >7,000 patrons.
- SUBMIT HERE: https://thez.org/artsnews/
- 25% discount on video and audio recording at The Z. Contact: Kurtis.Wiley@thez.org
- Discounted vendor space or tables at Z Festivals. Contact: Elizabeth.Terrell@thez.org
- Discounted Rentals: To reserve one of The Z’s theaters for rehearsal please contact: email@example.com
Submit your visual display or a pre-show performance for our Main Lobby.
- Display Parameters- Submit at least 15 days in advance of your requested display dates. Dates & location in the lobby will be determined by The Z, depending on The Z lobby schedule. Art must be available to be displayed for 2-4 weeks. Limited number of easels and podiums available. Artist will set up and remove their own display. Artist will supply any additional display materials needed and all display titles and artist credits.
- Pre-Show Performance Parameters- Performance will take place in the Main Lobby or Studio Lobby, depending on the location of the show. Performance no more than 30 minutes in length. Submit at least 15 days in advance of your available performance window. Artist will supply any amplification needed for instruments, The Z can provide up to 2 microphones for voice. Piano may be available upon request. Performance area limited.
- SUBMIT HERE
- Please include the name of the performance and show date that you would like to submit to perform before, and a brief explanation of how your performance would be the best fit for the event you have selected.
CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR ARTIST MEMBER EMAIL UPDATES CONTAINING:
Early Audition Notices: Plan ahead and receive early notice of auditions and artist opportunities at The Z, and register before the public!
Invitations and additional discounts to shows and VIP social events like the end-of-season party
OPEN OFFICE HOURS AT THE Z - Guidelines
- Hours: Every Tuesday - Saturday from 1pm to 5pm in The Z’s Main Lobby
- Open only to Z Artist Members. Become a Z Artist Member here: https://thez.org/zartist/
- Open lobby hours may be moved to the Studio Lobby or canceled for rental events.
- Please refer to The Z Artist Member Calendar for the most updated information.
Code of Conduct:
We want you to feel as comfortable at The Z as you do working at home, but please be considerate of your fellow creatives by adhering to the following guidelines.
- A Shirt and Shoes are required at all times.
- Food and Drink are welcome as long as you keep the workspace clean. Please no pungent smelling foods.
- Please keep meeting volumes, music, and other noise at a suitable level for a shared work space.
- Songwriting with an acoustic instrument is welcome as long as an appropriate noise level is maintained, but please note that these office hours are not intended to be a rehearsal space. To reserve one of The Z’s theaters for rehearsal please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Artist Members are responsible for keeping their work area clean. Please note that all of the work areas are carpeted. If working on a visual art project, the Artist Member needs to supply tarps and table coverings for protection from stains.
- Your Artist Membership includes 5 guest passes for open office hours per year. Guest passes can be picked up at the box office.
- Guests will be required to sign in with a valid email address.
- The Artist Member is welcome to make a $5 donation to purchase additional guest passes.Or the guest is welcome to JOIN for full member benefits!
- A Z Artist Members Card or a confirmation email of your Z Artist Membership purchase is required to enter. Please check-in at the Box Office upon your arrival.
- The Z has fold out tables and chairs available upon request. Please check with the Box Office staff on duty.
- Space in the office hours will be on a first-come first-serve basis. The Z will not take reservations.
- Please no non-member children under the age of 14. Junior Members are welcome to make use of open office hours with at least one parent or adult member. One parent or guardian may accompany up to 6 junior members and must be present the entirety of their stay.
- The Z can not provide any storage. Everything you bring in you must take home with you.
- If you make a mess, broom, dustpan, and cleaning products are available.
- Restricted Areas: Backstage, Main Stage Theater, Studio lobby or theater access
- No tours of the theater will be permitted.
Reserving Rehearsal Space:
- Artist Members get a 40% discount on rehearsal rentals during Open Office hours and a 25% discount outside of Open Office hours.
- To reserve one of The Z’s theaters for rehearsal please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Rehearsal Space requests will be confirmed by The Z on a monthly basis.
- Theater space (Main Stage or Studio) will be assigned based on availability.
- No technical systems or support are included in rehearsal rentals. Rehearsal rentals will be under work lighting. Artists must bring their own equipment, if needed. Equipment will not be run through The Z’s sound system.
- Rehearsal Rental Rates for Artist Members
- $75/hour Tuesday-Saturday, 1-5PM
- $130/hour for any time outside of open office hours
- Rehearsal Reservation Rates do not apply to performances, presentations, classes, or cost-to-enter events of any kind. They are for Artist Member rehearsal time only. Discounted rental rates for other types of events are available to Artist Members through our normal rental process. For more information contact Donna Minson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Artist Members are not required to obtain liability insurance but are responsible for all damages. A credit card will be kept on file in case of any damages incurred while rehearsing.