Become a “Z Artist”!
Artists of all ages* and experience levels are invited to cultivate their creativity with The Z Artist Membership. Unlock exclusive workshops with industry pros, collaborate with fellow Z Artists at special events, receive first access to performance opportunities and more. For just $5 a month, you can engage with this community of creatives!
Your Membership Includes:
- Creative “Office” Space: Expand your creative boundaries with open workspace at The Z, Tuesdays-Saturdays 1PM-5PM.
- Monthly Artist Programming: Creative networking hours with fellow Z Artists, free registration to panels, workshops and masterclasses, plus access to invite-only Artist events at The Z.
- Promotion & Exposure: Spread the word about your creative endeavors through The Z: Arts News! Submit your performances, displays and artist news for publication on our website and in a monthly e-news column featuring Z Artists’ announcements.
- On Stage & Exhibition Opportunities: Be the first to know about upcoming submission and audition opportunities at The Z and in the community, and submit to exhibit your work in a lobby display or pre-show performance.
- Discounts: Access to special discounts on performances, space rentals, and merchandise
For just $5 a month, or $60 annually, you can join our community of creatives!
*Jr. Memberships for artists ages 18 & under include 1 additional membership for a parent of guardian.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Box Office at 757-499-0317
Tired of working from your couch? Tired of the crowded local coffee shop? Join a coworking office space for Artist Members at The Z’s Open Lobby Office Hours! Tuesdays-Saturdays from 1PM-5PM.
Rehearsal Rentals: Z Artist Members can reserve the studio theater for rehearsal use at a discounted rate.
On the third Wednesday of each month, join fellow Z Artists and community professionals for Workshops, Master Classes, and panels that include 30 min of networking. Z Artists receive free or discounted entry, and first access to registration. (Non-members and guests may attend for suggested donation of $10).
Promotional Opportunities with The Z:
Z Artists are invited to share the news of their upcoming work in exclusive featured space on "The Z Arts News" blog and as part of e-newsletters delivered to >7,000 patrons.
- SUBMIT HERE: https://thez.org/artsnews/
- 25% discount on video and audio recording at The Z. Contact: Kurtis.Wiley@thez.org
- Discounted vendor space or tables at Z Festivals. Contact: Elizabeth.Terrell@thez.org
Submit your visual display or a pre-show performance for our Main Lobby.
- Display Parameters- Submit at least 15 days in advance of your requested display dates. Dates & location in the lobby will be determined by The Z, depending on The Z lobby schedule. Art must be available to be displayed for 2-4 weeks. Limited number of easels and podiums available. Artist will set up and remove their own display. Artist will supply any additional display materials needed and all display titles and artist credits.
- Pre-Show Performance Parameters- Performance will take place in the Main Lobby or Studio Lobby, depending on the location of the show. Performance no more than 30 minutes in length. Submit at least 15 days in advance of your available performance window. Artist will supply any amplification needed for instruments, The Z can provide up to 2 microphones for voice. Piano may be available upon request. Performance area limited.
- SUBMIT HERE
CHECK YOUR EMAIL FOR ARTIST MEMBER EMAIL UPDATES CONTAINING:
Early Audition Notices: Plan ahead and receive early notice of auditions and artist opportunities at The Z, and register before the public!
Invitations and additional discounts to shows and VIP social events like the end-of-season party