10-minute Plays for 19th Annual Festival of Lakeshore Players Theatre
Deadline: December 15, 2022 OR when they received 300 entries
Fee: none indicated
Prize:10 Winners; Live Performances of winning plays in 2023; $10 per performance (a total of 8); 2 Complimentary tickets
Description: “Founded in 1953 in White Bear Lake, Lakeshore Players Theatre has continuously operated as a community theater. In April 2018, Lakeshore began a new era, operating year-round in the new Hanifl Performing Arts Center.”
1. The play should be approximately ten minutes in length. Plays over 15 minutes long will not be accepted.
2. The play must be unpublished and unproduced at the time of submission. (If you have had a past staged reading of the play, please let us know, as it can still be accepted, but no produced productions will be accepted.)
3. The play must have no more than five onstage (speaking or non-speaking) characters.
4. The play should have simple technical requirements. We only have about one minute in between plays to change scenes
5. We will not accept plays that propagate racist, sexist or ableist stereotypes. Plays with excessive offensive language, misogynistic throughlines, and extraneous violence or gore will be less likely to be accepted.
6. Please also read the guidelines page on this link https://www.lakeshoreplayers.org/get-involved. Please submit via their online form, the link is located in the guidelines page.
Inquiry Email: email@example.com